At Cassidy Eyecare, we go much further than a simple eye test. We provide comprehensive vision examinations including checks for binocular vision function, glaucoma, age-related maculopathy (AMD), cataracts and other ocular disease.
Our practices are well equipped with high technology gear (see below), but we think the most important tools we have are our eyes, ears and brains. We'll listen to what you have to say, and draw on our experience to offer a solution.
We allow 45 minutes for a full eye examination. Some of the tests you can expect include:
- A thorough history, including discussion of your personal and family ocular history
- Measurement of habitual vision (unaided or with current glasses)
- Refraction and testing of your prescription at both distance & near
- Measurement of final visual acuity
- Checks & measurements of binocular vision function
- Measurement of intra-ocular pressure (for Glaucoma)
- Examination of the external eye with a slit-lamp bio-microscope
- Examination of the internal eye with a fundus lens or ophthalmoscope
- Digital retinal imaging of the back of the eye
- A plain language discussion of all our findings, and a recommendation on any treatment
We may recommend additional testing, such as computerised visual field testing to assess your peripheral vision sensitivity, or OCT scanning of the optic nerves and maculae. This comprehensive format means you can be assured that all areas of your vision will have been properly assessed, and any problems addressed.
In addition to general eye examinations, we are also able to offer further specialized optometry services. Many of these are covered in greater depth elsewhere on our website. These include:
- Contact Lens fitting and supply
- Vision Therapy & Behavioural Optometry
- Assessments for Drivers Licence Vision, Maritime NZ, CAA & NZ Police
Contact Us to arrange an appointment today.